Spring is just a couple of weeks away. With the weather warming up around Wilmington you’ll definitely want to spend more time out and about. With plenty of fun, exciting, and adventurous things to do in Wilmington NC, you’re sure remain occupied and entertained while enjoying all that Wilmington has to offer. Here are six spots you’ll want to visit.
- Battleship North Carolina – A historic ship that launched in 1940, Battleship North Carolina was the first out of ten battleships to join the American fleet in World War II. Tour the ship, climb into the bunks of sailors, check out the engine room, imagine what it was like on the ship during its time, and enjoy many programs and events that the battleship hosts: http://www.battleshipnc.com/.
- Burgwin-Wright House and Gardens – Go back in time are the Burgwin-Wright House and Gardens. This home is of Georgian architecture and you’ll be able to experience what life was like during pre-revolutionary Wilmington. Tour the house or take a walk along the colonial-style gardens: http://burgwinwrighthouse.com/.
- Cape Fear Serpentarium – Do you like snakes? If yes then you’ll want to visit Cape Fear Serpentarium. This place houses more than 40 venomous species of snakes, plus crocs, dragons, and lizards. While exploring the different exhibits you will get a chance to learn too, making this great educational experience for people of all ages. This is also a dog friendly establishment. They are open Wednesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information visit: http://www.capefearserpentarium.com/.
- Carolina Beach State Park – This state park is 761 acres. You can hike, camp, fish, swim, boat, paddle, shop, dine, and partake in one of the fabulous events or festivals. There are also fireworks near the Carolina Beach Boardwalk every Thursday night at sunset during the summer: https://www.ncparks.gov/carolina-beach-state-park.
- Wilmington Railroad Museum – Choo-choo! Head over to the Wilmington Railroad Museum to learn about the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad and railroading in the southeastern United States, see Wilmington and Weldon railroad memorabilia and artifacts, and so much more! Learn all that this place has to offer here: http://www.wrrm.org/.
- Wilmington Riverwalk – This is definitely a must-see and one of the top attractions in Wilmington. Take a stroll on the mile long boardwalk or relax on a bench where you can enjoy river views. The boardwalk features plenty of restaurants, boutiques, souvenir shops, historic buildings, public art works, boat tours, and a weekly farmer’s market during the summer or Riverfest in the fall: https://www.wilmington-nc.com/wilmington-riverwalk.html.
As you can see there are so many things to do in Wilmington NC that you may just want to call it home. As the weather warms up you may want to get out and go house hunting. If you’re in the market for a new home we hope that you will consider a home by Level Homes. We are currently pre-selling in the new homes in Wilmington community of Bellaport. To learn about all the Bellaport has to offer and why you’ll love living in Wilmington, please contact John Christy at (910) 726-2601.Tags: homebuilders in wilmington nc, homes or sale wilmington nc, new homes for sale wilmington nc
This post was written by Level Homes